What does the term “Cohort” means?
“Cohort” means a group of people sharing common characteristics over a certain period of time.
* Cohort of people who have been diagnosed for “Diabetes” during the year 2013
* Cohort of students who has spent more than 5 days for Green cause during 2001-2004
* Cohort of users in Wikipedia who has stayed more than 5 years and contributed 100 edits every month
Applications or Uses of Cohort Analytics or Cohort Analysis:
* Segmented cohorts helps to refine and focus on the problem under question.
* Helps to identify the trend or pattern over a period of time.
* It provides or paves way to analyze a Customer with different time periods a cohorts and helps to analyze
Stages of Cohort Analytics:
In the next post we will look in detail about the cohort analysis with an example.