I’ve been experimenting Power BI recently for a proof of concept development on building a simple dashboard to display the consumption of electricity across different equipments. This dashboard was being built on a datawarehouse DB. Following are some of the observations I found in my initial experimentation with it. Neverthless there could be lot of promise in the latest releases. I leave it to the viewers to check Power BI in their own discretion.
- Unable to provide custom label the axis
- Drill down capabilities are limited
- Close integration with Power View only
- Limited documentation on the deployment scenarios
- Inability to export to multiple formats
- Facility to develop color or formatting based on expressions (As of 30th April 2015 they have started working on it)
- Limitations on data sources exists
These are all some of the limitations based on my exploration.