This post is to understand the various aspects of the user interface of a web based dashboard. This is an attempt to understand the little details and insights a dashboard can provide visually. This would help to increase the knowledge on the dashboard design and development. The Analysis is AS I SEE IT.
This dashboard indicates excellent design using Material Design concepts using Paper-cards. This also happens to be good example of gamification for maintaining good health. The data is obtained from Android mobile phones with Accelerometer sensors data integeration.
As soon as you login you will see the given dashboard, which will give the following insights.
- How much you have walked against the goal. Goals Vs Achieved
- Against the goal how much is each activity contributes is given in circle with different color indicators.
- Data in different Unit of measurements on a given day such as Minutes, Distance, Calories & Steps
- Also list of recent activities ordered by date combined with the activity is provided as well.
- Personal records shows the key achievements.
- Distance travelled in terms of summary is provided as well.
Dashboard across periods:
- If we look further down it has facility to analyse data on Day, Week and Month.
- You can also analyse the data in Time, Steps, Distance, Calories, Heart Rate and Weight
- The data can also be filtered based on the various activities such as Walk, Running, Cycling, etc.,
Dashboard over a monthly calendar:
- Here the maximum activity flagged nicely.
- The activity summary is mentioned over a line bar
- The current date is displayed in a different color for identification of current date
- The weekly total is provided on the extreme right over the respective weeks